Tuesday 25 February 2014

Junk Kouture Semi–Final Voting
Dress title: ‘Electric Blue’


How to vote: on Facebook go to 'Junk kouture' facebook page, LIKE the page  & follow the instructions.  Our dress is called Electric blue  & it is in the NORTH section.
  
Voting takes place Mon 24th Feb – Fri 28th Feb & you can vote once per day.  The dress is made by 5th year Karolina Sedyte & is made from wires & plastic bags for the train of the dress.





Electric Blue - Description: Karolina Sedyte

Materials used in the dress:
To create this fashion outfit I used wires for the shorts and bodice.  I used recycled woven laundry bags to create the train for my piece. Some of the wires were spray painted..


Inspiration:
The colour scheme & design patterns in my piece are inspired by Vincent Van Gogh’s ‘Starry Night’.  I’m inspired by current fashion trends, as well as designers such as Basil Soda. To me, the words ‘Haute Couture’ stand for big, exciting & eye catching and originality and this is the reason I have created a large train to the back.

More information about my dress:
For months I have been collecting wires and asking friends, family, as well as my neighbours for scrap wires.  The wires I used are from a pick and mix of wires from computer, tv cables and different gadgets I have gathered.  I used different techniques to shape the wire, such as, twisting, swirling and braiding. 





Wires shaped to form bodice of the dress

Detail of the shorts - wires have been twisted, curled and cut into form different shapes and patterns.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment